When the time comes to sell your house, you always want to hire an experienced real estate agent to help you.
When you sell your home, there are 10 main reasons why you should hire a real estate. Starting today, we're counting down the first half of these 10 reasons, starting with No 10:
10. A real estate agent knows your market. They have access to recent sales data in the area, so they can help you price your home correctly.
9. Agents have access to the multiple listing service (MLS). This is a database of current homes for sale. When you hire an agent, your listing instantly becomes available to other agents searching for homes for their buyers.
8. If you sell by yourself, you have to spend your own time and money on marketing and showings. Showing homes that are for sale by owner is awkward for my buyers simply because the seller is there, which inhibits what the buyer might say if there's something they don't like. It's hard to give constructive feedback. It will also get expensive to market on your own.
7. An experienced agent helps you prepare your home for the market. They'll suggest improvements to make and whether any upgrades you're considering will be cost-effective.
6. Agents provide documents that protect you as a seller. When you think of real estate, you think of contracts and paperwork, which can be complicated and hard to understand.
Stay tuned for the final five reasons why you should always hire an agent when selling your house. In the meantime, feel free to give me a call if you have any questions or you're ready to buy or sell a home. I'd love to help you!